Are you looking for speakers to entertain and educate your residents?
Consider Lights of the Lakes!
Lights of the Lakes is an engaging visual tour of Great Lakes lighthouses. Your residents will learn how these historic structures provided safety, security, reliability, and protection to mariners in the past. They will photographically visit over 60 different lighthouses, learn how they work, learn about the shipwrecks that occurred when they failed, and much more.
Lights of the Lakes is extremely popular with senior and retirement communities, senior centers, and assisted living facilities. More programs have been presented at senior facilities than at any other type of venue.
Older people have a respect for history not found in younger generations. Lights of the Lakes is perfectly suited to the interests of seniors, as well as anyone interested Great Lakes maritime history. Presented to over 7,000 people to date, Lights of the Lakes consists of over 200 photographs, including striking portraits of over 60 different Great Lakes Lighthouses. It is accompanied by music and sound effects.
What do past sponsors say about Lights of the Lakes?
“Thank you for a very insightful and informative presentation. Many residents had very positive things to say and enjoyed your program very much. It’s clear the amount of time and energy you have put into this show reflects your passion for the subject!”
― MILWAUKEE CATHOLIC HOME
“Just wanted to let you know how much the residents at Century Oaks enjoyed your presentation. They were talking about it for days. They loved how you gave the location and history for each lighthouse. You were great. Best of luck with your future adventures with lighthouses. Thank you again.”
― CENTURY OAKS ASSISTED LIVING – Appleton
“A fun and unique show that increases feelings of joy and pride in the maritime history of Lake Michigan and Lake Superior. The multi-media show has clear and crisp photos shown while your quintessential tour guide Phillip L. Block shares his expertise.” – Darlene Carlson, Program Participant
― DICKSON HOLLOW – Menomonee Falls
Who Has Sponsored Lights of the Lakes?
Over fifty leading Wisconsin senior communities have treated their residents to a presentation of Lights of the Lakes, including:
• Avalon Square (Waukesha)
• Bella Vista (Oshkosh)
• Bellevue Retirement Community (Green Bay)
• Bethel Home (Oshkosh)
• Cedar Crest (Janesville)
• Cedar Community (West Bend)
• Cedar Ridge Apartments (West Bend)
• Century Oaks (Appleton)
• Charleston House (Beaver Dam)
• Clare Meadows (Franklin)
• Clement Manor Center for Enrichment (Greenfield)
• Crossings of Lake Geneva
• Dickson Hollow (Menomonee Falls)
• Ellen’s Home South (Germantown)
• Evergreen Retirement Community (Oshkosh)
• Forest Ridge Senior Community (Hales Corners)
• Grafton Senior Center
• HarborChase of Shorewood
• Harbour Village (Greenfield)
• Hartford Senior Friends
• Harwood Place (Wauwatosa)
• Heritage at Deer Creek (New Berlin)
• Heritage Elm Grove
• Jackson Crossings (Jackson)
• Lasata Campus and Crossings (Cedarburg)
• Laurel Oaks (Glendale)
• Library Square (West Allis)
• Linden Grove (Mukwonago)
• Linden Grove Communities (Waukesha)
• Luther Manor (Wauwatosa)
• Majestic Heights (Hartford)
• Markesan Retirement Home
• Marla Vista (Green Bay)
• Meadowmere North Shore (Mequon)
• Meadowmere Oak Creek
• Menomonee Place (Menomonee Falls)
• Milwaukee Catholic Home
• Mission Creek (Waukesha)
• Newcastle Place (Mequon)
• Oak Park Place (Baraboo, Burlington, Green Bay, Menasha, Wauwatosa)
• Oakridge Gardens (Menasha)
• Ovation Jewish Home (Milwaukee)
• Primrose Retirement Community (Mt. Pleasant)
• ProHealth Care Regency Senior Community (Brookfield, Muskego, New Berlin)
• Ridgeview Highlands (Appleton)
• Saint Alexian Village (Milwaukee)
• Saint Joseph Residence (New London)
• Saint Paul Elder Services (Kaukauna)
• Samaritan Campus (West Bend)
• Stony Creek Adult Community (Muskego)
• The Jewish Home at Chai Point (Milwaukee)
• The Meadows of Fall River
• The Renaissance (DePere)
• Touchmark on West Prospect (Appleton)
• Village Pointe Commons (Grafton)
• Washington Center
Who Is the Presenter?
Lights of the Lakes is presented by Phillip L. Block.
For more information about Phil, see ABOUT THE PRESENTER.
Promoting Your Lights of the Lakes Show
Many senior communities presenting Lights of the Lakes created promotional materials to alert their residents to the upcoming show. These include flyers, posters, schedules, and more.
To fuel YOUR creative process, you can see a variety of promotional items created by past show sponsors — see PAST SHOW PROMOS.
Other Popular Venues
Lights of the Lakes is also popular with…
Call Today! — (414) 559-7600 [C] or (262) 284-2505 [H]